TNNA (The National Needlearts Association) has declared Saturday, April 21st as the first Local Yarn Store Day. From their website...
"Calling all knitters, crocheters, weavers, spinners and general crafters! We know yarn stimulates your senses, from feeling the fibers to seeing the variety of colors, but you have to be in the store to experience it. This is your chance to celebrate everything you love about yarn and help others enjoy those same experiences. Teach a friend to knit and bring them to your local yarn shop on April 21! Share your passion for the craft and your favorite yarn store on social media."
As your local yarn store, we truly appreciate your support, especially at a time when many local yarn stores are closing. We all know there's nothing like the experience of walking into a yarn shop - it's a feast for the senses! You can see the beautiful colors, feel the different textures, get help and advice, and learn new techniques. Local Yarn Store Day is a day to celebrate and share your yarn store love! Come. Bring a friend! Teach a friend to knit or encourage them to sign up for a knitting lesson!
We have some fun things planned for the day, including:
- A raffle for a set of FlexiFlip needles - these are all the rage and we managed to get our hands on 2 sets. Stop in to fill out your raffle ticket!
- A yarn tasting from Classic Elite - sign up here to reserve your spot (we have limited space) to try out 5 of CEY's yarns. If you decide on a project with one of these yarns, we give you 10% off your purchase!
- Trunk shows from Berroco and Classic Elite to inspire your spring/summer knitting.
- Purchase any of the Knitting Fever or EuroYarn brands and receive a coupon for a free pattern download.
- In appreciation of your support, all Clearance yarns will be 50% off the original price on Local Yarn Store Day. The clearance shelves are full to overflowing so we could free up shelf space for the newly arrived yarns. Be sure to take advantage of these bargains!
- Choose from a selection of free patterns, books and magazines with any purchase (limited to one per customer).
- And enjoy some refreshments!
Come see why people voted The Warm Ewe the Hudson Valley's Best Yarn Store for 2017!